Why are Functional Movements Important?
- Squat - The action of sitting down - From a standing position to a seated position and back to a standing position
- Hinge - The action of a hip movement whereby the hip movement is the prime mover rather than the knee. For example a bow, where the legs are straight while maintaining a flat spine.
- Push - The action of pushing only, for example pushing a shopping trolley
- Pull - The action of pulling only, for example opening a door towards us.
- Loaded Carries - Lifting an object/objects with good form and moving for a set distance - for example, two shopping bags or moving large boxes overhead and placing them on a high level.