9 of the Best
- HASfit.com This is my absolute favourite website. HASfit stands for 'Heart and Soul Fitness' and the website has been up and running for over 7 years. The site has a huge library of workout videos for all types of workouts, from HIIT's to seated workouts ..... it is that diverse. "Coach" and Claudia Kozak instruct all the videos together, with modified moves, if you do not feel ready to attempt the full exercise. The website also contains a wealth of dietary and nutritional food advice and recipes as well as their own app you can download. There are many workout videos and recipes that are free however there are some workout programmes you can purchase starting from as little as $4.99 or various books on food and nutrition.
- Yoga with Christina - Chriska Yoga This is not actually a website....but a lifestyle Youtube channel. Christina is a registered '500 hours' yoga instructor and has a 'Bachelor of Arts and Master of Fine Arts' in dance. Her channel has over 300 yoga videos to choose from. The range is from a beginner's 15 minute Hatha Yoga class to a 30 day yoga challenge. There are specialised yoga classes such as 'Yoga for sleep' to 'Yoga to energise'. Yoga is a safe and effective way to increase physical activity, especially strength, flexibility and balance not to mention the mental health benefits gained from yoga positions.
- NHS Fitness Studio The NHS website is full of healthy tips on nutrition. But it may surprise you to know they also have a fitness studio with free classes on a whole range of workouts. There are classes for aerobics, strength and resistance, yoga and pilates and 12 week plans to help you start a fitness regime.There are 24 instructor led videos ranging from 10 to 45 minutes.
- Lighthearts Uk Ltd This is a website to help reduce stress and anxiety, cope with depression and regain balance, peace and calm. The goal is to promote mindfulness and a holistic approach to mental health. There are a couple of free mental health and well-being courses ranging from 10 days to 10 weeks. You will also find an informative blog with many articles on well-being practices such as 'colour therapy' and 'binge eating disorder therapy'.
- Livestrong.com This website has an array of information on all health matters. This is my go to site if I ever need up to date information. Livestrong strive to help people make informed decisions about their own health. There is a lot of information about getting fit, eating healthier, managing weight and living well. Livestrong has an award winning 'MyPlate' app that can be downloaded from their site. It is the fastest and easiest way to lose weight. Livestrong is a site that houses all aspects of health and well-being.
- Gymra - You Tube There are over 50 workout programmes, 1000's of on-the-go exercises and a custom tool to design your own workouts and this is for all fitness levels. They also have a website GymRa.com with hundreds of workouts to choose from. You can also browse through a ton of information on 'The Good Life' - your daily dose of health and fitness section to keep you inspired and motivated.
- Love Sweat and Fitness Blog LSF blog was created back in 2014 by the founder Katie Dunlop. Having lost 45lbs herself, she developed her own fitness and nutrition programme and became a certified trainer through her passion of 'all things healthy'. This is a community blog of inspired, empowered and motivated women dedicated to changing women's attitudes and beliefs towards the meaning of a healthy lifestyle. You can subscribe to this blog and receive a free e-book and daily workouts, healthy recipes and lifestyle tips as well as joining into the motivational womens community. The blog has lots of information and articles on a healthy lifestyle, nutrition and fitness ideas.
- Verywell - Fit Verywell fit is dedicated to educate readers on all aspects of fitness, nutrition and wellbeing. Their library has more than 6000+ pieces of content, created and refined for 20+ years. There are articles that have been written by dietitians, healthcare professionals, nutritionists and personal trainers. They have some great tools for helping you to determine your weight, fitness and well-being levels such as BMI calculators, recipe nutrition calculators, calories burned during activities calculators and many more. The workouts are very interesting using gifs rather than videos, followed by instructions, duration and variations. There are literally 100's of diet plans for you to look at with all the pro's and con's of any given plan.
- Self Magazine Self reaches over 20 million people a month on various platforms such as their website, videos and social media. Their mission is to teach everyone to take good care of themselves. They recognise that wellness is about self-compassion and self expression as much as it is about workouts and healthy eating. They have a website packed with articles written by their columnists, who are all specialised in their chosen field of well-being. There is a workout section with various types of workouts using exercise gif's and instructions explaining each routine. Plenty of information can be found on diet and weight loss tips and lots of ideas and advice on beauty products and best buys.