The Benefits of Hatha Yoga
- Improved core strength: The core is the centre of the body including abs, hips and spine. A strong core eliminates back pain, improves flexibility and endurance and strengthens the spine to improve your ability to twist and bend
- Improved bone density: Low bone density can cause early fractures, arthritis and osteoporosis. Whilst it is true that a healthy diet rich in nutrients will help maintain bone density, Hatha yoga is beneficial in treating bone loss and promotes bone density. Hatha can increase coordination and balance, decreasing the chances of a fall, the major cause of osteoporotic fractures.
- Heart Health: Hatha yoga promotes deep breathing and calm, therefore reducing the occurrence of hypertension, one of the leading causes of heart health. Certain Hatha poses enhance lung capacity and strengthen respiratory function.
- Healthy and glowing skin:
- By releasing stress the major cause of premature wrinkling
- Boost blood flow to help improve dull and tired complexion
- Flushes out toxins to prevent acne outbreaks and pimples
- Tightens facial skin to prevent sagging facial muscles
- Boosting blood circulation to provide skin with nutrients and a glowing complexion
- Strengthens the immune system: Hatha supports the lymphatic system protecting the body from disease and infection. By lower stress levels it removes the negativity that affects the immune system.